The Zebra ZD420 printer offers :
- Desktop printer : plastic case / low to medium volume / small footprint
- Direct thermal and thermal transfer options
- Ribbon roll based thermal transfer version uses 74m ribbons / 300m ribbons
- 203dpi or 300dpi resolution - can be factory installed or changed on site via accessory kits. Resolution can be changed from 300 dpi to 203 dpi, as well as from 203 dpi to 300 dpi
- Maximum print width - 104mm for 203dpi version and 108mm for 300dpi version
- Maximum print speed - 152mm per second for 203dpi version and 102mm per second for 300dpi version.
- Media sensors - full width, moveable reﬂective/black mark sensor; multi-position transmissive/gap sensor.
- Communications : standard : USB 2.0 and Host. Optionally : Ethernet, Bluetooth low energy, WLAN IEEE 802.11ac
If you need a fast 4-inch printer that is easy to use, easy to deploy and easy to manage, choose the leader of the class — the ZD420. As the next generation in Zebra’s desktop printer line, the ZD420 replaces Zebra’s popular GK Series. An intuitive user interface with more status icons maximize uptime by making the printer easier than ever to use. You get virtually every modern wired and wireless connectivity option, from USB, auto-sensing serial or 10/100 Ethernet to 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth 4.1. With support for both EPL and ZPL, as well as many non-Zebra printer languages, deployment and upgrading is fast and easy — just unplug your existing printer, plug in the ZD420 and you’re back up and running. With a movable media sensor, the ZD420 supports more types of media and you can easily add new connectivity and media handling options whenever you need them, right on site — serial or Ethernet, plus a peeler or a cutter. Using the included Print Touch tag (NFC), workers can pair a compatible mobile device in a split second. You can monitor and manage all your ZD420 printers from the cloud, for unsurpassed management simplicity. The ZD420 runs Link-OS and is supported by our powerful Print DNA suite of Applications, Utilities and Developer Tools that give our printers better performance, simplified remote manageability, and easier integration. And our optional Zebra OneCare SV service plan provides the right level of service at the right price to help you protect your printers and avoid unexpected expenses. The ZD420 – when ease of use, application flexibility and management simplicity matter.
The ZD420 thermal printers are the only thermal printers to offer both a standard ribbon and a ribbon cartridge model for fool-proof and split-second installation. The ZD420 also lets you know when the ribbon needs replacing. And, five intuitive status icons make it easy for your workers to see, at a glance, what is needed to keep your printer up, running and available.